Boredom Busting Banana Bread Recipe
- 4 medium bananas, 3 for mashing, 1 for the top
- 220g plain wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 240g caster sugar or soft brown sugar
- 125g softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/paste
- Sugar to top
Inspired by Lord Lucy’s Banana Bread Recipe with a few changes due to lack of store cupboard items.
- Mash 3 of the bananas and set to one side ready to fold into your mixture later.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream your softened butter with the sugar and then add the eggs 1 by 1 to the mixture.
- Once all of the wet ingredients are combined and smooth, slowly fold in the flour mixture – try not to over mix it.
- Take your mashed banana and carefully blend this into the large mixing bowl along with your vanilla extract.
- Tip the mix into a lined loaf tin or ovenproof dish of your choice and decorate with the remaining banana peeled and sliced lengthways, sink into the mix.
- Bake at 165 degrees c for approximately 1hr.
- Take out of the oven once golden and cooked through, allow to cool and then enjoy with a cup of tea in front of your favourite boxset.
This entry was posted in Recipes